The Toronto Partnership for Autism Services at Surrey Place Centre is seeking applicants for future contract Instructor Therapist positions. If you would like to be considered for any upcoming Contract Instructor Therapist Positions at Surrey Place Centre, please apply below. Applications will be kept on file for three months, after three months if you still wish to be considered for Contract Instructor Therapist Positions, please resubmit your resume.
This position will work directly with children with autism and their families in the provision of intensive behavioural intervention. The goals of intervention are to increase the developmental trajectory of individuals with an autism spectrum disorder using the principles of applied behaviour analysis and to improve their quality of life. Clinical supervision and guidance will be provided by a Supervising Therapist and a Clinical Supervisor.
Include but are not limited to:
- Delivering Intensive Behavioural Intervention
- Collecting and tracking data
- Graphing and summarizing data for review
- Preparing program materials
- 3-year College Diploma or Certificate, or a Degree in behaviour science technology or psychology
- 6 months of previous related experience
- knowledge of applied behaviour analysis, autism spectrum disorder and child development
- Previous experience providing intensive behavioural intervention is preferred
- You will be required to successfully complete mandatory provincial training
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Must be able to lift and transfer 50 lbs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 2010
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Contract Instructor Therapist TPAS in the subject line of your email.
Surrey Place Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.