Mandatory Accountability Requirements
As Surrey Place is a provincially funded organization that received public funds of $10 million dollars or more in the previous fiscal year of the Government of Ontario, Surrey Place complies with the mandatory accountability and transparency requirements of the Broader Public Sector Accountability
Act, 2010 and the associated applicable directives, specifically:
- The BPS Business Documents Directive
- The BPS Expenses Directive
- The BPS Perquisites Directive
- The BPS Procurement Directive
Details about the Broader Public Sector Accountability Act, 2010 and its associated directives can be viewed at https://www.ontario.ca/page/broader-public-sector-accountability
In addition to these mandatory requirements, Surrey Place implements policies, procedures and practices consistent with appropriate best practice guidance from Accreditation Canada, the Government of Ontario, the Developmental Services Sector, the non-profit sector and guidance from various financial, legal and business advisors.
Published Documents, Policies and Disclosures
- Client Bill of Rights
- Client Safety
- Self-Advocacy Council
- Procurement of Goods and Services Policy
- Travel, Meals and Hospitality Expenses Policy
- Perquisites Policy
In the last year Senior Management staff (CEO and Vice Presidents) who parked at the 2 Surrey Place site received a taxable benefit based on the most recent fair market value of the parking at an annual rate of $1,680 that is reported in their annual T4 submission to the Canada Revenue Agency.
- SPC Foundation Investment Policy
- During the period April 1st to March 31st the organization did not engage a lobbyist to provide lobbyist services from funds provided by the Government of Ontario.