We help people of all ages with developmental disabilities and autism spectrum disorder to lead healthy and socially inclusive lives using our exemplary skills in interdisciplinary clinical services, education and research. We provide many of our clinical services in both official languages, and where we do not, we refer to a French language service provider.
Living your potential – All your Life!
With a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people with developmental disabilities and autism spectrum disorder and their families, we believe in:
- Collaboration – We succeed by working together with our clients, families and community and government partners
- Accountability – We do what we say we will do and deliver the best possible results for the people we serve
- Innovation – We develop new ideas and approaches to share with the world
- Respect – We seek to understand before being understood and accept differences in a professional and caring manner
- Responsiveness – We respond to the needs of our clients and partners promptly and with excellence
Strategic Directions 2015 – 2020
Strengthening Our Capacity: We will strategically invest in our people and infrastructure to provide the highest standards of service for our clients and their families.
Bridging Gaps in the System: We will improve the quality and efficiency of developmental services locally and provincially by strengthening and expanding our collaboration with the health system.
Building Upon and Leveraging Our Life-Span Model: We will expand and share our interdisciplinary expertise for all ages with our community partners and improve our best practices through research and education for the benefit of our clients throughout their life-span.
Shaping the Future: We will partner with government to enhance the provincial system of services and play a role in influencing government policy related to developmental, autism spectrum disorder and health services.
Building a Centre of Excellence: We will enhance our profile and overall effectiveness by focusing on quality of care, applying best practices, creating and sharing knowledge and promoting innovations provincially, nationally and internationally.