Coordinated Service Planning is available to families with children or youth who have multiple and/or complex special needs in the Toronto Region.
The service will help support families and their children/youth navigate the system to receive the right service, at the right time.
Children and youth with multiple and/or complex special needs rely on many services, Coordinated Service Planning will make sure that all the professionals involved with a family are working together as a team towards the family’s goals, and that they are kept informed of what’s going on at all times.
In Toronto, Coordinated Service Planning will be delivered in partnership by Surrey Place (lead agency), Community Living Toronto, Family Service Toronto, Toronto Central LHIN and Youth link. The Service Planning Coordinator will support the family until they no longer require the support, and discharge from Coordinated Service Planning may occur when goals are met and the family and team agree that Coordinated Service Planning is no longer needed; the family moves away from the area served by Surrey Place and its partners; when the youth leaves school (between the ages of 18-21); or the family asks to be discharged.
Refer a Client to CSP:
- Call the Intake Line: 1-833-575-KIDS (5437). An Intake worker will ask for some basic information and demographics to get started. If you are a professional referring on behalf of a family or client, please make sure you have consent signed before calling.
- A Surrey Place staff will call you or your client back to discuss your referral and begin the Intake process.
- The Intake process for this service is very comprehensive. The Intake staff will work with the family to complete a CANS document to fully understand the client/family complex needs. This process is generally done via phone. Please note this process can take up to 2-3 phone calls to complete; it may take longer if an interpreter is required.
- After the Intake process is complete, the Intake staff will communicate with the family about eligibility. If the child or client is not eligible the Intake staff will refer to a more suitable program or service within Surrey Place or within the City of Toronto.
- If the child or client is eligible for CSP, the Intake staff will discuss the service plan and identify the Lead Agency for Coordinated Service Planning.