After School ABA
STARTS AT $5,280
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) is beneficial for many learners. ABA can help children learn new skills and improve their quality of life. Our After School ABA group supports school-aged kids develop important skills for everyday activities in their home, school and community. We use a range of ABA strategies such as using your child’s motivation and interests to make learning fun.
After School ABA includes of 8-10 hours per week of treatment. We focus on teaching early to intermediate communication skills, social interaction, play & leisure, and daily living skills. The sessions are delivered in small groups with three to five children, and supervised by our Board-Certified Behavior Analysts® (BCBA®)
Our programs also provide support for caregivers to promote skills learned at home through group and individual training sessions.
Call Children & Youth Intake
Learn with Peers
You will choose up to eight learning goals for your child and family. Our clinical team will support you to choose from at least two of the following areas:
- Communication skills
- Social interaction
- Play and leisure skills
- Daily living skills
Our clinical team uses consistent quality treatment and a collaborative therapeutic approach to help your child’s development.
After School ABA is a moderate intensity behaviour service. After the first meeting and assessment period, we will create individualized plans for your child. Treatment is delivered is small group ratios at 2:1 or 3:1 with 8-10 hours of treatment every week.
During a session, our therapists work with your child on:
- Arrival, departure and self-help routines (e.g., dressing, tidying up)
- Group routines (g., following a schedule, transitions, mealtimes)
- Small group learning (g., crafts, science activities)
- Independent activities and stations (g., following and completing independent routines)
- Individualized goals
In addition, we also provide individualized caregiver education and training to support the maintenance of child’s skills. It includes six hours of group and individual training sessions. The number of sessions, length and format will be determined by the family and clinical team.
The After School ABA is appropriate for you and your child if:
- You have a child, aged 6-11.
- You live in Ontario.
- Your child needs learning support in two or more of the following areas: communication & language, social interaction, play & leisure, and daily living skills
- Your child can communicate basic wants and needs.
- Your child can sit and participate in group activities for 5-10 minutes
- Your child is toilet trained or schedule-trained for up to 60 minutes
- Your child can feed themselves a snack.
- Your child does not demonstrate frequent and/or high intensity aggressive, self-injurious or property destruction behaviours.
- You can participate in all the caregiver training components including group workshops, guided observations and one-to-one coaching sessions.