Early intervention plays a vital role for children with speech and language delays to help improve their communication skills. Our Speech-Language Consultation aims to address a specific communication need and provide targeted strategies. A Speech-Language Pathologist (SL-P) will work with caregivers and the behavioural team through observational assessment to determine your child’s needs and strengths. The following three sessions will focus on supporting the caregiver and behaviour team to implement strategies. Upon completion, your clinician will provide a brief summary report highlighting recommendations to help facilitate your child’s speech and language development after the sessions.
Call Children & Youth Intake
Maximize Child’s Communication
Wraparound Behaviour and Communication Support
Speech-Language Consultation will:
- Maximize your child’s ability to communicate effectively
- Enhance the family member or caregiver’s ability to support the child’s development.
Our Speech-Language Pathologist (S-LP) will meet with the client, caregiver(s) and behavioural team to discuss and engage in informal assessment or observation to determine the client’s needs and strengths. Our S-LP will provide strategies and recommendations to the team aimed at improving identified communication needs.
The Speech-Language Consultation is appropriate for you and your child if:
- You have a child aged 4-18.
- You live in Ontario.
- Your child has been diagnosed with autism by a licensed professional.
- Your child has a specific communication need that requires support for the behavioral team and caregiver to implement strategies and recommendations.