Our Occupational Therapy services offer engaging activities to help people with developmental disabilities gain independence, develop skills and reach their full potential at home or in the community. Services may include completing assessments, consultations and interventions. We help people across the lifespan engage in meaningful activities in several areas, including:
- Self-care (e.g., eating, dressing)
- Productivity (e.g., school, work, play)
- Leisure (e.g., community, social activities)
To support this engagement, we consider factors such as motor development, sensory processing, self-regulation and environmental modifications. Our goals are to identify barriers and introduce appropriate strategies. All Occupational Therapy services are provided using a mediator model approach, with available group and one-to-one service options.
We are regulated by the College of Occupational Therapy of Ontario.
There are different eligibility criteria for infants, children and youth and adults:
- Infants aged 0-6 years must have a suspected or confirmed diagnosis of an intellectual disability and or autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and live in Toronto.
- Children and youth aged 6-18 years must have a confirmed diagnosis of an intellectual disability and / or autism spectrum disorder (ASD) live in Toronto (GTA).
- Adults aged 18 years over must have a confirmed diagnosis of an intellectual disability and /or ASD live in Toronto (GTA) and be eligible for Developmental Services Ontario (DSO) Toronto Region (GTA)(no fee option).