PARENT & CHILD
AND MUSICAL MORNING
Learning about child development can be a worrying and overwhelming experience for new parents. Our Parent & Child Social Development and Musical Morning program provides parents to participate in musical activities together with their children aged 0-2 years in a welcoming and supportive environment. Our team of Developmental Consultants and a Musical Therapist aim to connect parents and children with other parents and children.
Each week, we have discussions related to children’s health, nutrition and development with one of our visiting professionals, including:
- Developmental Consultant
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech-Language Pathologist
- Behaviour Therapist
- Service Coordinator
- Early Childhood Vision Consultant
We encourage socialization between parents and between children to practice learned skills and apply learned information about all areas of child development, such as fine/gross motor, language, daily living, social interaction and play skills.
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Be a registered client of Surrey Place
- Have a child that is 0-2 years of age at the start of the group
- Be currently in service or on the waitlist for Developmental Consultation service at Surrey Place