About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families, and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 11 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in north-western Ontario.
Reporting to the Clinical Supervisor, the Urgent Response Services at Surrey Place is seeking an Instructor Therapist to provide individualized ABA treatment in the community (e.g., family homes) with children and youth up to the age of 18. Clients receiving service in this program have a diagnosis of Autism and other Developmental Disorders and exhibit behavioural, communication, and socialization challenges requiring an urgent response for up to 12 weeks. Services will include direct assessment and implementation of treatments with clients and a focus on building parent/mediator capacity to effectively support their child/youth.
- Delivering individualized ABA assessment and behaviour treatment for clients deemed eligible for urgent response services as identified by the Clinical Supervisor.
- Collecting and tracking data during assessment and treatment sessions.
- Graphing and summarizing data for review.
- Preparing program materials in a timely manner.
- Establishing and maintaining positive communications with families, mediators and other professionals involved in the individualized service plan.
- Hours of operation include ability to work evenings each week and Saturdays.
- Extensive travel within the City of Toronto will be required.
- A 3-year Community College Diploma or Certificate, or Degree in behaviour science technology, psychology or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months of previous related experience.
- Knowledge of applied behaviour analysis, autism spectrum disorder and child development.
- Previous experience working with children and youth with challenging behaviours.
- Must be able to lift and transfer 50lbs.
- Successful completion of Safe Management Group training for de-escalation and personal safety.
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Vulnerable Sector Screening, and proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365.
- Fluency in French is considered an asset.
How To Apply:
- To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values.
- Please apply through our online application portal.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. Successful candidates who receive a conditional offer of hire will be eligible for accommodation in employment up to the point of undue hardship for bona fide human rights related restrictions and limitations. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.