About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families, and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 11 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in north-western Ontario.
Cross Agency Clinical Services at Surrey Place is seeking a Service Coordinator – Intake. Reporting to the Manager, Intake, you will provide intake and service coordination to families with children and youth with developmental disabilities. You will provide comprehensive intake and screening of clients while coordinating services both in Surrey Place and in the community. Surrey Place is client-centered, interdisciplinary and team oriented in service delivery.
- Intake services including interviewing clients, caregivers, service providers and staff
- Making referrals to other community agencies and services as required
- Preparing and maintaining intake documentation and entering data into the Centre’s MIS
- Incorporating information from and providing information to the interdisciplinary team, and/or other sources both internal and external as required in the preparation of service plans
- Providing information to clients, caregivers, service providers and staff on the availability and appropriateness of community services and funding support
- Participates in service coordination group meetings, chairing case conferences, and community tables and meetings as required, as well as engage in community outreach to develop a collaborative approach to service delivery
- Develop positive relationships with community groups, partner agencies and resources in the larger community
- May be required to participate on the Designate Crisis Response Team
- Undergraduate degree in social or health sciences or equivalent
- 1 years of related experience working with children and youth with developmental disabilities and their families, with a focus on community engagement
- Experience working with children and youth with developmental disabilities and their families
- Knowledge of developmental services and educational, community, and health care service systems for children with developmental disabilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience on an interdisciplinary team and with multicultural environments is an asset
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Vulnerable Sector Screening, and proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
How To Apply:
- To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values
- Save your resume and cover letter in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith).
- Send your resume and cover letter to People Services, firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting file 22147 in the subject line of your email.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. Successful candidates who receive a conditional offer of hire will be eligible for accommodation in employment up to the point of undue hardship for bona fide human rights related restrictions and limitations. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.