Toronto, October 1, 2018 – Surrey Place is pleased to support Canadian National Autism Awareness Month this October.
Together, we can help raise awareness and advocate for the needs of children, adults and families who are living with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) not only in our community, but in our province and across the country.
Read below to find out how YOU can help make a difference:
Share Our Community Directory and Our Autism Online Resources
- Visit our Community Resource Directory to find services near you
- Click to read our online autism resources created by the School Support Program that aim to prepare families who have a child with ASD for a new sibling:
- Before Birth
- After Birth
- Read and promote any of our many Autism Online Resources:
- Check out our daycare and preschool related resources for parents and caregivers:
- About My School
- My Book About Me
- Download and share our Transition Resources for Youth Living with Autism Spectrum Disorder. These resources were designed to support youth living with autism as they transition to high school and the postsecondary pathways they may take after high school. These helpful resources were developed by Surrey Place School Support Program and the Toronto Catholic District School Board.
- Resources – Transition Grade 8 to 9:
- Resources – General Transition to Postsecondary:
- Resources – Transition to Community Participation:
- Resources – Transition to College/University:
- Resources – Transition to Employment:
Tell Us Why Autism Awareness and Acceptance is Important:
- Do you have your own Twitter account? If so, using the hashtag #SPCelebrate, tell us how and why you support autism awareness and acceptance.
Early intervention and education are essential components in helping those diagnosed with autism live life to their fullest potential. At Surrey Place Centre, we provide programs and services that are specialized to the individual’s needs. To learn more about our programs and services, watch our About Us and Mission/Vision/Values videos and visit our website at http://www.surreyplace.ca/
Ms. Vaso Charitsis, BBA
Communications and Marketing Advisor
Office: 416-925-5141 ext. 2108
Follow Us on Twitter: @SurreyPlaceON