Program: Autism Services
Team: Multiple Locations
Status: Full-time, Union
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Salary: $50,876 – $64,477
Date Posted: September 1, 2020
Closing Date: September 15, 2020
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
The Autism Services at Surrey Place is seeking ABA Therapists. Reporting to the Supervisor, Autism ABA Services, the ABA Therapist provides skill building programs to children and youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder living in the city of Toronto, based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis. This is a province-wide initiative, that will assist children and youth to build skills in the areas of communication; behaviour management/emotional regulation; social/interpersonal; and daily living.
- Clinically and administratively supervise staff in the delivery of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) services and supports to children and youth with a diagnosis of an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and their families.
- Assist with the development and delivery of parent training, education and support services.
- Hours of operation include ability to work evenings and weekend hours.
- This position will require travel to multiple locations.
- Travel may be required
- College diploma or university degree in a field related to behavioural science technology, psychology, or social services
- Two years’ experience working with children/youth on the Autism Spectrum and their families, using the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) and teaching children/youth in a group setting
- Knowledge of typical and atypical child and adolescent development
- Knowledge of the principles of ABA and ability to translate these into effective intervention strategies for children and youth
- Experience providing parent training and coaching including delivery of workshops
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong initiative
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Boardmaker
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting file #2074 in the subject line of your email.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.