Program: Executive Office
Status: Full-time, Non-Union (Grade 5)
Date Posted: July 21, 2021
Closing Date: August 3, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
Surrey Place is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the Vice President, Children’s Services and the Vice President, Adult Services. The Administrative Assistant will coordinate daily administrative duties such as scheduling and coordinating meetings, managing invoices, and preparing various documents. The successful candidate will assist the vice presidents with regular tasks and take on additional duties as needed.
- Coordinate, schedule, organize meetings and develop agendas both internal and external to Surrey Place.
- Set up and send out TEAM meeting invitations and other meeting materials.
- Manage, track & reconcile invoices/receipts/expense claims for submission to Finance department for payment.
- Format, copy type, edit, write and proofread a variety of documents and materials as requested.
- Assist in developing tools, manuals, guidelines, policies, templates, multimedia presentation, forms and information to support executive team activities and processes.
- Prepare and distribute all internal and external communication or correspondence including reports, presentations, proposals, letters, memos, agendas, catering requests, meeting packages, minutes of meetings.
- Take meeting minutes and disseminate materials in a timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain highly- organized electronic and paper filing systems that permit easy reference and rapid retrieval of information and records.
- Liaise/coordinate with other internal Surrey Place programs/departments.
- Perform clerical related duties such as photocopying, ordering supply, answering phones, faxing, and scanning.
- Organize travel arrangements, book venues for events and order any catering and supplies as needed.
- Back up the executive assistant CEO office and Board Committees as requested
- Completion of a relevant post-secondary Administrative Assistant/Office Administration Program required.
- Previous three years related experience required, preferably in a health care or social services environment, and experience taking minutes of meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, work independently when required and prioritize time sensitive requests.
- Tact and discretion in dealing with labour relations information, sensitive and confidential issues/files.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with proven ability to work well with a diverse group of individuals.
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to work well with a diverse group of individuals
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of database software would be an asset.
- Desire and ability to take on new and added responsibilities.
- Capable of maintaining composure and competence when working to deadlines
- Superior time management, organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail required.
Due to the pandemic, this position will require remote work for now. Candidates will be expected to deliver in-person services if needed. When Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work from a Surrey Place location.
How to Apply:
- To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values.
- Save your resume and cover letter in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith).
- Send your resume and cover letter to People Services, email@example.com, quoting file 21098 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
- Please indicate where you saw this posting in your cover letter, for internal tracking purposes.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.