Program: School Support Program, Autism Services
Status: Full-time, Contract (12-months)
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Salary: $34.1579 – $43.2899 per hour
Date Posted: November 5, 2020
Closing Date: November 18, 2020
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
The School Support Program, Autism Services at Surrey Place is seeking an ASD Consultant. Reporting to the Manager, School Support Program, the ASD Consultant works in collaboration with educators and school board staff at the elementary and secondary school levels within the City of Toronto to provide training, resource development and consultation to teachers and school board staff relating to children and youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Enhance the knowledge and skill sets of school board staff to support children and youth with an Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Delivery of formal and informal professional development
- Work as a part of a multidisciplinary team to support students transitioning from Behavioural Intervention to school on a full-time basis
- Work with educators to develop resources regarding Autism, Applied Behavioural Analysis and effective strategies for use in the classroom
- Enhance knowledge and skills of school board staff to support children and youth with an Autism
- Master’s degree in education or health related field (or an equivalent combination of education and extensive experience)
- Five years’ experience working in the areas of Autism Spectrum Disorders, Applied Behaviour Analysis and education
- Demonstrated and broad understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Demonstrated and broad understanding of the education system
- Training in behaviour intervention and special education
- Excellent communication, presentation and time management skills
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Vulnerable Sector Screening (Police Records Check)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
Due to the pandemic, this position is home-based. Please specifically state in your application if you have access to a computer, home internet, and phone to be considered.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting file #2091 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.