Location: Mississauga Secondary School
Status: Full-time, Contract (10-months)
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Salary: $23.0255 – 28.0141/hour
Date Posted: September 11, 2020
Closing Date: September 17, 2020
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
Surrey Place is seeking a highly motivated, collaborative and effective individual to join the TRE-ADD program as a Behaviour Support Worker. Reporting to the Supervising Therapist, the Behaviour Support Worker provides support in the delivery of individualized ABA treatment to children and youth up to the age of 18. Clients in the TRE-ADD program have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder and in some cases Developmental Disorders and exhibit severe behavioural, communication, socialization and learning challenges.
The successful candidate must be able to travel to all our TRE-ADD Classrooms, Surrey Place satellite offices, community and client homes located in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Support in the delivery of intensive, individualized ABA treatment, specifically focusing on behaviour management.
- Support clients with adapted daily living, classroom and communication skills.
- Support in collecting and tracking data.
- Prepare program materials.
- Adhere to agency requirements relating to reporting writing and record keeping.
- May be assigned to support Toronto Autism Services during school closure periods.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A 3-year Community College Diploma or Certificate such as Behaviour Science Technology, Child and Youth Worker or equivalent
- 6 months proven experience with children and youth with severe challenging behaviours and knowledge of ASD
- Experience with dual diagnosis and mental health an asset
- Knowledge of applied behaviour analysis
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Maybe required to work evening/weekend shifts.
- Must be able to lift and transfer 50 lbs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting file #2079 in the subject line of your email.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.