Program: Finance and Corporate Services
Status: Full-time, Union
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Salary Range: $50,876-$64,477
Date Posted: May 16, 2019
Closing Date: May 30, 2019
This position will actively support the Manager, Business Development and Marketing by coordinating funding proposals, special projects for new initiatives and business development.
- Supports management team members in defining and prioritizing key program initiatives for project management, funding and resource allocation.
- Proactively researches and identifies government and foundation funding sources and resource opportunities based on strategic priorities.
- Supports management in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding internal and external resource and funding decision makers.
- Collaborates in refining and adapting proposal processes and project management approaches to leverage appropriate best practices, research and funder priorities.
- Coordinating, preparing and submitting resource and funding proposals on behalf of management.
- Supporting Surrey Place leaders at multiple levels to be prepared and successful in proposal meetings and presentations.
- Reporting timely performance metrics on resource and funding proposal success and suggestions for improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field such as communications or marketing.
- 2 years of direct experience in managing the process for government and foundation funding proposals.
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with multiple levels of management to support diverse projects.
- Experience in crafting clear work plans, metrics, research linkages and funding models.
- Experience with Microsoft Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in marketing metrics to assess viability of marketing efforts.
- Strategic thinker who recognizes strategic opportunities and thrives on collaboratively developing them.
- Passion for understanding the changing needs of clients, families, caregivers, funders and partners.
- High sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast paced team environment.
- Fluency in French considered an asset but not required.
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting file 1924 in the subject line of your email.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.