Program: Operational Excellence
Status: Full-time, Contract (12-months)
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Salary: $27.8075 – $35.2415 per hour
Date Posted: May 13, 2021
Closing Date: May 27, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
The Operational Excellence Department at Surrey Place is seeking a Data Analyst. The Data Analyst plays a critical supporting role in data management and will be responsible for collection, analysis, interpretation and reporting of service data for Surrey Place’s programs. We are looking for a dynamic, proactive and responsive self-starter, who is detail-oriented, solution focused and works collaboratively with various levels within the organization.
- Collects, compiles, analyzes data to measure and report mandatory ministry data reporting requirements.
- Develops reports, dashboards and perform ad-hoc queries as required.
- Responds to data requests by determining user’s needs, collecting, organizing, analyzing and providing accurate and complete report.
- Acquires data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain data systems.
- Performs data quality checks and audits of various data sources to ensure data is accurate and complete.
- Assists with the functionality of the SharePoint environment – for both the intranet and extranet sites.
- Certificate in Advanced Data Science and Predictive Analytics, Data Science or Data and Analytics.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a related environment.
- In-depth understanding of relational database principles, demonstrated knowledge of client databases and report generation using Power BI, access queries and SQL server reporting services.
- Familiarity of working in SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics and CRM environment an asset.
- Highly analytical, strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Able to work in a highly collaborative environment and a great team player.
- Strong attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Excellent computer skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Fluency in French is considered an asset.
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter in one file saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting file 21059 the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.