Program: Infancy and Early Childhood Program
Status: Full-time, Contract (6 Month Contract)
Salary: $30.2284 – $38.3099/hr
Date Posted: January 11, 2019
Closing Date: January 24, 2019
The Developmental Therapist provides guidance to parents and caregivers to facilitate the overall development of young children (birth to 6 years of age) with a developmental delay. The Developmental Therapist coordinates the development and implementation of the Individual Family Service Plans.
- Ongoing evaluation of the child’s development, providing strategies to support the child’s continued growth within the context of the family and community
- Provide parent education and guidance in understanding their child’s individual developmental pattern and to gain knowledge and skills to enhance the developmental process
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the Individual Family Service Plans based on the priorities of the family and the child’s interdisciplinary team
- Support the family through the child’s transition to early learning programs and/or school
- Other duties as assigned
- An undergraduate degree in related area of study or discipline
- 3 years of previous related experience
- Knowledge of infant and child development, developmental exceptionality, community service systems, family systems
- Knowledge of and ability to use developmental assessment profiles and
abilityto transfer the results to an intervention
- Demonstrated knowledge of on-site observation and interpretation methods
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
isFrench is considered an asset
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting file 1903 the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.