Program: Marketing and Communications
Status: Full-time, Contract (12-months)
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Date Posted: March 24, 2021
Closing Date: March 30, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
The Marketing and Communications Department at Surrey Place is seeking a Director, Marketing and Communications. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director, Marketing and Communications will provide strategic leadership for the organization’s Marketing and Communications (M&C) portfolios. The incumbent will ensure M&C supports the Strategic Plan and annual Operational Plan, including setting M&C goals and objectives, overseeing and activity participating in the day-to-day operations of the M&C department.
- Develop and implement integrated M&C specific strategies, alongside effective campaigns, to meet the organization’s objectives and support the strategic direction.
- Monitor M&C specific data and metrics, outcomes and activity and develop Key Indicators, supporting outcome measurement and positive ROI.
- Analyze information and processes and develops more effective and efficient processes and strategies.
- Work closely with other leaders to understand the organization’s M&C needs and identify challenges and emerging issues to develop and deliver appropriate messages.
- Lead the operations of the M&C team, including developing and managing departmental budgets, managing vendor relationships, ensuring the team is properly provisioned and staffed.
- Create a staff experience that promotes excellence, ensure quality of care and service, and ensure safety from a resource, equity, diversity, and inclusion perspective.
- Support and create a learning environment for the M&C team including coaching staff development and performing performance appraisals for direct reports.
Oversee, provide leadership, and participate in the following Marketing channels and outputs:
- Develop a comprehensive digital presence by defining Surrey Place’s digital marketing strategy, including all paid and organic social content, e-communications, website strategy, content development, and implementation.
- Review and approve all marketing and communications materials to ensure that the voice and visual identity is consistent and used appropriately.
- Website content development, user experience, and non-technical design.
- Print materials and digital assets, including layout and design and stakeholder consultation.
- Digital media bank, including photography, video, and motion graphics.
- Brand and visual identity, including toolkits, templates, logos, guidelines and staff education on the use and enforcement.
Oversee, provide leadership, and participate in the following Communication channels and outputs:
- Direct the company’s internal communications channels and platforms, to organize and optimize the flow of communications within the organization.
- Internal communications; ensure staff and leaders are informed of organizational news and updates.
- Corporate communications, including external communications, annual report management, translation needs, media pitches and releases.
- Social media, including content development and content calendar management.
- Email marketing, including campaign strategy, design layout, analysis and reporting on performance.
- Other duties to ensure the overall health and success of the portfolio.
- University degree in a related field.
- 5 years of related experience and 3 years at a management level.
- Extensive knowledge in the field of Marketing and Communications.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a face-paced, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community-based developmental and health services and care.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work well with other staff, to ensure an effective and efficient working environment,
- Fluency in French considered an asset.
- A satisfactory Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening).
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), social media expertise on various platforms.
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting file #21033 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.