Program: Toronto Autism Services
Status: Full-time, Union
Salary: $50,876 – $64,477
Date Posted: February 25, 2020
Closing Date: March 9, 2020
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
The Toronto Autism Services at Surrey Place is seeking a Family Support Coach to organize and facilitate education and networking opportunities for parents/caregivers of children eligible to receive TAS services in order to promote ongoing active engagement with their child’s learning.
- Leading parent trainings on topics related to Autism and Applied Behaviour Analysis.
- Leading individualized follow up sessions with caregivers to support planning for strategy implementation.
- Participating in curriculum development.
- Supporting families to access relevant community resources.
- Develop resource material.
- Some travel and Saturday and evening hours required.
- Related post-secondary degree/diploma
- Demonstrated experience and comfort discussing behavioural terminology with parents/caregivers in large and small group settings.
- Work effectively and collaboratively within a team environment.
- An in-depth knowledge of community-based services.
- Knowledge of behaviour analytic teaching methods.
- Familiarity with the principles of adult education.
- Awareness of typical developmental trajectory.
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting file #2032 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.