Program: Health Records Department
Status: Full-time, contract – 8 weeks
Hours: 37.25 hrs/week
Salary: $14.00 per hour
Date Posted: June 10, 2020
Closing Date: June 16, 2020
Health Records Department is the center of many important activities including managing client Health Records in a hybrid environment, safeguarding, updating and maintaining health records, Access and disclosure of client information, and provide waiting room/Switchboard/Reception areas. The department is staffed by trained personnel to provide support for staff and clients.
As part of the Canada Summer Jobs Program, Health Records is seeking a Health Records Assistant. This position reports to the Manager, Data and Analytics.
The Health Records Clerk is responsible for updating and maintaining client health records and other data associated with new and existing clients. The duties are but not limited to:
- Accurately uploading documents to Customer Relationship Management database (CRM)
- Perform regular data clean up and quality audits.
- Conduct data validation on a regular basis.
- Perform Data entry for Developmental Services Ontario (DSO) and other programs, as needed.
- Perform all the duties associated with reception coverage i.e. being the face of Surrey Place. Responsible for welcoming clients and families and directing them to appointments or workshops.
- Responsible for doing regular program/departmental mail outs.
- Formatting and streamlining policies and procedures in alignment with Surrey Place’s brand.
- Post-secondary education in administration or business is preferred.
- Good customer service, communication and teamwork skills
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
To be considered as an eligible candidate for the Canada Summer Jobs Program, you must be between 15 and 30 years of age and be legally entitled to work in Canada. This means you must have a valid Social Insurance Number.
Due to the pandemic, this position is home-based for now. Candidates will be required to work from a Surrey Place location when the Covid-19 restrictions are lifted.
Please state in your application if you have access to a computer, home internet, and phone as they are required for the position. We encourage applications from the following groups:
- Newcomers / refugee youth (Newcomer defined as having arrived in Canada in the past 5 years)
- Indigenous youth
- Visible minorities / racialized youth
- LGBTQ2 youth
Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting file 2059 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.