Program: Children’s Intake and Wellness
Status: Part-time, contract – 16 weeks
Hours: 17.5 hrs/week
Salary: $14.00 per hour
Date Posted: June 10, 2020
Closing Date: June 16, 2020
This position supports two programs at Surrey Place; Children’s Intake and Wellness. The Children’s Intake program does the intake for clients under 18. This department does the screening for all clients under 18 and then triaged to the appropriate department. Wellness Services are available to clients – past and present – along with families, caregivers, and the broader community to build awareness and enhance knowledge, skills and resiliency. The workshop sessions are time-limited and prepare participants for more intensive programs and services, or for transitioning at the end of their program.
As part of the Canada Summer Jobs Program, Children’s Intake and Wellness is seeking an Infancy, Children and Youth Assistant. This position reports to the Michelle Montague.
The primary focus of the Infancy, Children and Youth Assistant is clinical administration and data entry work. The duties are but not limited to:
- Responsible for telephone call backs & confirmations.
- Completing client registration.
- Photocopying documents for client and departmental distribution.
- Generating summaries of client feedback.
- Database (CRM) registration for coordinated service planning.
- Retrieving faxes and distributing to staff.
- CRM data entry for medical services. Entering basic client info such as creating a service plan
- Assembling and sending out welcome package to new clients that includes their individualized service plan.
- Work on a project that highlights pathways for health contacts with mentorship from a Service Coordinator.
- Researching and preparing copies for distribution to clients
- Post-secondary education is preferred.
- Good communication, teamwork and time-management skills
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bilingual preferred but not essential.
To be considered as an eligible candidate for the Canada Summer Jobs Program, you must be between 15 and 30 years of age and be legally entitled to work in Canada. This means you must have a valid Social Insurance Number.
Due to the pandemic, this position is home-based for now. Candidates will be required to work from a Surrey Place location when the Covid-19 restrictions are lifted.
Please state in your application if you have access to a computer, home internet, and phone as they are required for the position. We encourage applications from the following groups:
- Newcomers / refugee youth (Newcomer defined as having arrived in Canada in the past 5 years)
- Indigenous youth
- Visible minorities / racialized youth
- LGBTQ2 youth
Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting file 2058 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.