Location: Fallingdale Public School (Brampton)
Status: Full-time, Contract (9-months)
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Salary: $25.3281 – $30.8156/hour
Date Posted: September 11, 2020
Closing Date: September 17, 2020
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
Reporting to the Supervising Therapist, the Instructor Therapist provides individualized ABA treatment to children and youth up to the age of 18 within Section 23 classrooms in the TRE-ADD program. Clients receiving service in this program have a diagnosis of Autism and other Developmental Disorders and exhibit severe behavioural, communication, socialization and learning challenges. Clinical supervision and guidance will be provided by a Supervising Therapist and a Clinical Supervisor.
Please note that Instructor Therapists may on occasion be reassigned to other Section 23 classrooms to support short term clinical needs
- Delivering intensive, individualized ABA treatment for clients in Section 23 classrooms.
- Collecting and tracking data on a daily basis.
- Graphing and summarizing data for review
- Preparing program materials in a timely manner.
- A 3-year Community College Diploma or Certificate, Degree in behaviour science technology, psychology or equivalent preferred
- 3 months of previous related experience
- Knowledge of applied behaviour analysis, autism spectrum disorder and child development
- Previous experience working with children and youth with severe challenging behaviours
- Must be able to lift and transfer 50lbs
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting file #2080 in the subject line of your email.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.