Program: Autism Services
Team: Multiple Locations
Status: Full-time, Contract (6-12 months)
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
The Autism Services at Surrey Place is seeking Instructor Therapists. This position will work directly with children with autism and their families in the provision of intensive behavioural intervention. The goals of intervention are to increase the developmental trajectory of individuals with an autism spectrum disorder using the principles of applied behaviour analysis and to improve their quality of life. Clinical supervision and guidance will be provided by a Supervising Therapist.
May include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver Intensive Behavioural Intervention (IBI) under the supervision of a BCBA to children 2-8 years of age.
- Collect and track data based on the client’s progress during the intervention.
- Graph and summarize data to present to the Supervising Therapist, school staff and parents.
- Prepare individual program materials specific to the client’s needs.
- 3-year Community College Diploma or Certificate, Degree in behaviour science technology, psychology or equivalent preferred
- 3 months of related experience
- Knowledge of applied behaviour analysis, autism spectrum disorder and child development
- Previous experience providing intensive behavioural intervention is preferred
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
Due to the pandemic, this position is a combination of in-person and remote work for now. Candidates will be expected to deliver in-person services at Surrey Place satellite offices as needed. When Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work from a Surrey Place location.
How to Apply:
- To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values.
- Save your resume and cover letter in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith).
- Send your resume and cover letter to People Services, email@example.com, quoting file 21093 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
- Please indicate where you saw this posting in your cover letter, for internal tracking purposes.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.