Program: Toronto Autism Services
Team: Multiple Locations
Status: Full-time, Contract – 6 months
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Date Posted: May 23, 2019
Closing Date: June 5, 2019
The Toronto Autism Services at Surrey Place is seeking an Instructor Therapist. This position will work directly with children with autism and their families in the provision of intensive behavioural intervention. The goals of intervention are to increase the developmental trajectory of individuals with an autism spectrum disorder using the principles of applied behaviour analysis and to improve their quality of life. Clinical supervision and guidance will be provided by a Supervising Therapist and a Clinical Supervisor.
May include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering Intensive Behavioural Intervention
- Collecting and tracking data
- Graphing and summarizing data for review
- Preparing program materials
- 3 year Community College Diploma or Certificate, Degree in behaviour science technology, psychology or equivalent preferred
- 3 months of related experience
- Knowledge of applied behaviour analysis, autism spectrum disorder and child development
- Previous experience providing intensive behavioural intervention is preferred
- You will be required to successfully complete mandatory provincial training
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting file 1925 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.