Department: Treatment Research and Education for Autism and Developmental Disorders
Status: Full-time, Contract (6-12 months)
Salary: $26.0956 – $31.7493
Date Posted: November 9, 2021
Closing Date: Ongoing
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
The TRE-ADD (Treatment, Research & Education for Autism and Developmental Disorders) Program at Surrey Place is seeking an Instructor Therapist to provide individualized ABA treatment to children and youth up to the age of 18 within our ECPP (Education Community Partnership Program) classrooms, formerly known as Section 23 classrooms. Clients receiving service in this program have a diagnosis of Autism and other Developmental Disorders and exhibit severe behavioural, communication, socialization and learning challenges. Clinical supervision and guidance will be provided by a Supervising Therapist and a Clinical Supervisor.
Please note that Instructor Therapists may on occasion be reassigned to other ECPP classrooms to support short term clinical needs. We have four locations across the Greater Toronto Area, including Mississauga, Brampton, Etobicoke, and Scarborough.
- Delivering intensive, individualized ABA assessment and treatment for clients in ECPP classrooms, specifically focusing on behaviour management.
- Support clients with adapted daily living, classroom, and communication skills.
- Collecting and tracking data on a daily basis.
- Graphing and summarizing data for review
- Preparing program materials in a timely manner.
- A 3-year Community College Diploma or Certificate, Degree in behaviour science technology, psychology or equivalent preferred
- 6 months of previous related experience
- Knowledge of applied behaviour analysis, autism spectrum disorder and child development
- Previous experience working with children and youth with severe challenging behaviours
- Must be able to lift and transfer 50lbs
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Vulnerable Sector Screening, and proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
Due to the pandemic, this position will require primarily in-person work with some remote work when needed. When Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work from a Surrey Place location.
How to Apply:
- To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values.
- Save your resume and cover letter in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith).
- Send your resume and cover letter to People Services, firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting file 21177 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. Successful candidates who receive a conditional offer of hire will be eligible for accommodation in employment up to the point of undue hardship for bona fide human rights related restrictions and limitations. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.