Program: Toronto Autism Services
Team: Multiple Locations
Status: Full-time, Contract (6-months)
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
The Toronto Autism Services at Surrey Place is seeking Instructor Therapists. This position will work directly with children with autism and their families in the provision of intensive behavioural intervention. The goals of intervention are to increase the developmental trajectory of individuals with an autism spectrum disorder using the principles of applied behaviour analysis and to improve their quality of life. Clinical supervision and guidance will be provided by a Supervising Therapist and a Clinical Supervisor.
May include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering Intensive Behavioural Intervention
- Collecting and tracking data
- Graphing and summarizing data for review
- Preparing program materials
- 3-year Community College Diploma or Certificate, Degree in behaviour science technology, psychology or equivalent preferred
- 3 months of related experience
- Knowledge of applied behaviour analysis, autism spectrum disorder and child development
- Previous experience providing intensive behavioural intervention is preferred
- You will be required to successfully complete mandatory provincial training
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting “Contract Instructor Therapist” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be kept on file for six months, after six months if you wish to be considered for Contract Instructor Therapist Positions, please resubmit your resume.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted