Team: Sloane Public School
Status: Full-time, Union
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Salary: $47,743 – $58,087
Date Posted: May 27, 2019
Closing Date: June 7, 2019
The TRE-ADD Program at Surrey Place is seeking an Instructor Therapist to provide individualized ABA treatment to children and youth up to the age of 18 within Section 23 classrooms. Clients receiving service in this program have a diagnosis of Autism and other Developmental Disorders and exhibit severe behavioural, communication, socialization and learning challenges. Clinical supervision and guidance will be provided by a Supervising Therapist and a Clinical Supervisor. Please note that Instructor Therapists may on occasion be reassigned to other Section 23 classrooms to support short term clinical needs.
- Delivering intensive, individualized ABA treatment
- Collecting and tracking data
- Graphing and summarizing data for review
- Preparing program materials
- A 3-year Community College Diploma or Certificate, Degree in behaviour science technology, psychology or equivalent preferred
- 3 months of previous related experience
- Knowledge of applied behaviour analysis, autism spectrum disorder and child development
- Previous experience working with children and youth with severe challenging behaviours
- Must be able to lift and transfer 50lbs
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting file 1926 the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.