Program: Autism Services
Status: Full-time, Contract (until August 2022)
Salary: $27.8075 – $35.2415 per hour
Date Posted: July 21, 2021
Closing Date: July 28, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
Reporting to the Manager, Parent Education and Quality Assurance, the Intake/Parent Trainer works within the Autism Services program to support the delivery of skill building programs, within the context of an inter-professional environment, to children and youth with an Autism Spectrum Disorder living in the city of Toronto, based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis. This program assists children and youth to build skills in the areas of communication; behaviour management/emotional regulation; social/interpersonal; and daily living skills.
- Respond to incoming calls from families of children with ASD inquiring about Surrey Place Autism services
- Collect intake and referral data and participate in the analysis of data, and compiling reports as required
- Adhere to agency requirements regarding to report writing and record keeping
- Maintain and update the Surrey Place Autism Services database
- Facilitate parent education curriculum; monitor progress and adjust services accordingly
- In collaboration with the client and family, identify all services required and the priority goals
- Make referrals to appropriate agency services
- Ensure adequate communication among service providers
- Hours of operation include ability to work evenings each week and Saturdays
- Travel may be required
- A degree in social work, psychology or a related field, (i.e. education), or equivalent education and experience
- 3 years direct experience with children/youth diagnosed with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) and their families
- Experience in delivering parent education/training in a group setting
- Knowledge of ASD and other exceptionalities
- Knowledge of ABA (Applied Behaviour Analysis) principles
- Demonstrated written and oral communication, interviewing and active listening skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and team collaboration skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
Due to the pandemic, this position will require remote work for now. When Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, candidates may be required to work from a Surrey Place location.
How to Apply:
- To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values.
- Save your resume and cover letter in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith).
- Send your resume and cover letter to People Services, email@example.com, quoting file 21097 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
- Please indicate where you saw this posting in your cover letter, for internal tracking purposes.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.