Program: Information Technology and Communication
Status: Full-time, Contract (12-months)
Salary: $26.0956 – $31.7493
Date Posted: September 3, 2021
Closing Date: September 17, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
Surrey Place’s Information & Communication Technology (ICT) Department is looking for an IT Support Analyst. Reporting to the Manager, ICT, this position is responsible for providing technical support to Surrey Place staff and troubleshooting network, computer, and software systems in a fast-paced Service Desk Team environment. The successful candidate will have a passion for operational technologies, while demonstrating the ability to work in a cohesive team environment.
- Provide technical support (Level 1) by addressing requests assigned through Service Desk tickets, phone calls, walk-in clients, or emails.
- Troubleshoot network, computer and software systems as required.
- Develop and update all documentation related to Service Desk tasks, including process, how-to and self-help documentation.
- Hardware diagnostic and repair; escalate requests to third parties when necessary.
- Provide staff guidance and assistance with technological problems while ensuring security, privacy and IT policies are followed.
- Maintain the imaging and deployment of hardware, ensuring computers meet security and privacy policies.
- Update and upgrade images as needed within imaging systems.
- Process the onboarding and offboarding of employees.
- Order and maintain IT hardware inventory (laptops, desktops, tablets, monitors, cell phones)
- Ensure assets are updated in the asset management system.
- Ensure service level agreement targets are met and client satisfaction with service desk interactions are positive.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Manager, Information and Communication Technology.
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Information Technology or a related field, OR equivalent professional experience.
- 3 years of direct experience in providing technical support and IT project involvement in a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in a client facing position within an ITIL context.
- Proven experience with managing Mobile Device Management Technology.
- Prior experience working with IT Management platforms such as Connectwise, Automate and Jira Service Desk.
- Strong experience in managing and maintaining Microsoft Office 365 tenants and other products (Teams, SharePoint, Exchange).
- Experience in maintaining images in MDT/SCCM.
- Previous experience supporting and deploying VOIP and/or SIP phone systems.
- Experience with Windows 10 Enterprise.
- Experience working effectively in a fast-paced setting with multiple customer priorities.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with ability to communicate with all levels of the organization effectively and professionally.
- Demonstrated high customer service orientation, and the capability to manage and prioritize customer expectations.
- Must be able to lift devices and boxes of up to 40lbs, and willing to occasionally visit offices in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Strong preference for candidates with access to a vehicle.
- The successful candidate must provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Due to the pandemic, this position is a combination of remote and in-person work for now. Candidates will be expected to deliver in-person services if needed. When Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work from a Surrey Place location.
How to Apply:
- To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values.
- Save your resume and cover letter in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith).
- Send your resume and cover letter to People Services, firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting file 21120 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.