Location: Finance and Corporate Services
Status: Full-time, Contract (12-months)
Date Posted: June 9, 2021
Closing Date: June 22, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
The Finance and Corporate Services Department at Surrey Place is seeking a Junior Financial Analyst. The Junior Financial Analyst plays a critical supporting role in daily accounting activities, financial reporting, and system improvements. This position reports into the Director, Finance and works collaboratively with various levels within the organization.
- Assist Senior Financial Analyst with accounts payable and procurement to ensure internal control and compliance with Surrey Place policies, funder requirements and regulatory.
- Support G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing.
- Prepare financial and non-financial reports that require the utilization of a variety of sources.
- Support management on scenario planning and funding proposals and requests.
- Participate in special projects focused on systems and process improvements.
- Back-up to bi-weekly payroll when required.
- Support payroll and benefits reconciliation.
- Other related duties as assigned by Director, Finance.
- Completion of a professional accounting program, CPA or actively working towards a designation.
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role, with non-profit experience being viewed as an asset.
- Payroll experience is considered a definite asset.
- Highly analytical, strong problem-solving abilities and detail oriented.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written), interpersonal skills, and commitment to collaborative teamwork.
- Demonstrated competence with Microsoft Office suite of products. Highly proficient with excel, advanced knowledge.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamic NAV is considered an asset.
- A satisfactory Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Secondary language, reflective of the diverse population in which we are located, considered an asset.
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting file 21074 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.