Program: Finance and Corporate Services
Status: Full-time, Contract (18-Months)
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Date Posted: February 23, 2021
Closing Date: March 8, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
Reporting to the Director of Quality and Performance, this role will provide leadership in data collection, analysis, reporting, data definitions, presentation and use of data to drive improvements in services provided and outcomes achieved. This position oversees reception and health information at Surrey Place, including clinical data and health records. In addition, this role will provide support for Surrey Place’s Quality and Risk Management portfolio.
- Refines and maintains data and analytics framework that encompasses data extraction, definitions, collection, analysis, presentation, data quality and report validation are in place.
- Collaborates with partner agencies and develops a seamless process to extract, validate and report data across partnerships.
- Oversees the analysis of service data, performance measures, KPI’s, dashboards and development of scorecards.
- Develop and maintain Power BI reports as needed.
- Oversees a hybrid environment of paper and electronic health records, ensuring compliance with applicable policies and legislation.
- Acts as fee for service officer to review processes, collect policy recommendations, define minimum data sets and raise policy concerns that require resolution by the Executive Team.
- Provides leadership and day to day operations to data analysts, health records and reception team.
- Identifies key challenges and opportunities within service portfolio and reviews departmental performance, targets inefficiencies and implements continuous improvements by developing short- and long-term plans.
- Develops systems for accountability and control on service portfolio by implementing redesigned processes and other modifications and innovations.
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to work under pressure, prioritize and manage multiple concurrent demands and situations simultaneously.
- Assists the Director in setting and aligning vision, direction and service standards with that of the organization and its needs.
- Actively promotes transparency, accountability and customer satisfaction for all service portfolios.
- Recruits and completes annual performance reviews of direct reports including time and attendance management, sick leave and accommodations.
- Develops and supports team members by enhancing their professional development.
- An undergraduate degree and Project Management Certification is an asset.
- Minimum of three years’ management experience or equivalent in a unionized environment.
- Advanced skills in data analysis and reporting.
- Experience with CRM databases, SharePoint, and Power BI.
- Experience or education in health informatics
- Experience in developing and establishing new projects or initiatives, and project management.
- In-depth knowledge of community-based services and not for profit experience.
- Exemplary communication skills, both oral and written.
- Exemplary problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to excellence, continuous improvement mindset and achieving results through others.
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening).
- Fluency in French is considered an asset.
Due to the pandemic, majority of this position will be home-based with occasional in-person work needed. When Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work from a Surrey Place location.
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting file 21015 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.