Program: Information and Communication Technology
Status: Management, Full-time
Date Posted: July 06, 2020
Closing Date: July 17, 2020
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
Reporting and providing decision support to the Vice President, Finance and Corporate Services (VPCS), the Manager, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is responsible for Surrey Place’s ICT infrastructure, application and cloud service design, implementation and operation. Surrey Place is seeking a dynamic, strategic and experienced manager with broad technical skills in business systems, data centre, virtualization, networking and telecommunications, desktop, security, Microsoft applications, hardware and software standardization as well as web, business analysis and project management skills.
Core Leadership Deliverables:
- Promotes and realizes a customer-centric approach to service management
- Clarifies technical information to assist the VPCS with technology related decisions and investments
- Develops, executes and adapts an appropriate multi-year plan and appropriate strategies, policies and processes for modern and sustainable infrastructure and support services
- Proactively identifies, mitigates and manages risks
- Actively promotes transparency, accountability and customer satisfaction for all ICT services
Planning, Execution and Monitoring:
- Promotes collaboration, efficiency and effectiveness
- Facilitates joint planning with internal and external stakeholders throughout projects
- Governs and oversees policies, processes, projects and deliverables
- Defines, monitors and reports on technology and department metrics and cost-effectiveness
- Resolves complex issues and conflicts and escalates to executive level when required
- Facilitates collaborative technology integration into service environments to improve outcomes
- Defines and improves standards, processes and documentation for infrastructure and services
- Sets and aligns vision, direction and service standards with that of the organization and its needs including security, privacy, disaster recovery, business continuity, web development and cloud-based solutions.
- Promotes project management capabilities and individual accountability
- Manages procurement of technology and services to meet procurement policies
- Manages third party contracts and deliverables
- Promotes a high-performance culture that leverages individual capabilities and strengths
- Empowers and holds others accountable
Relationship and Communication:
- Provides senior management with timely and reliable reports and updates
- Provides superior user experience and strengthens relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborates at all organizational levels to get things done effectively and efficiently
- Manages external vendors and third-party relationships in the best interest of the organization and its needs
- Degree or Diploma in Information Technology, Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years in managing Information Technology teams, with non-profit experience in an accredited organization being viewed as an asset
- Prior experience leading the direction and strategy of IT production environments
- Knowledge of system development and production support best practices
- Strong leadership, analytical and systematic, structured, problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exposure to organizational change management is an asset
- Strong project management skills, PMP or Agile/Scrum certification will be viewed as an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365, Dynamics NAV or similar CRM and ERP systems is considered an asset
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
To be considered for this position, please complete the online application using the link below. https://www.fitzii.com/apply/48382?s=fc
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.