Program: Finance & Corporate Services
Status: Full-time, Union
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Salary: $39,819- $48,446
Date Posted: August 20, 2020
Closing Date: September 2, 2020
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
Reporting to the Manager, Decision Support & Administrative Services, the Medical Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to physicians who are part of Surrey Place’s Medical Services team, in order to ensure effective and efficient operations.
This role involves providing administrative support to a team of professional and medical staff in the following areas:
- Accurately input data, create and upload documents using multiple electronic filing systems.
- Responsible for the submission & support with the reconciliation of OHIP Billings for a group of physicians.
- Responsible for the purchase requisition process for the Medical team.
- Maintain electronic calendar schedules for a team of physicians.
- Support the medical team with academic presentations & arrange formal and informal meetings/events.
- Responsible for communicating with clients and patients through phone & email.
- Liaise with doctors and administrative teams from other health care facilities.
- Support any additional administrative needs for physicians working both onsite and remotely.
- Coordination of medical student placements
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of high school or equivalent.
- Completion of a recognized medical office administration diploma.
- 1 year related medical administrative support experience which includes calendar management for physicians, utilization of electronic medical records and submission of OHIP billings.
- Previous on the job experience doing data entry and working with Microsoft Office 365.
- Very good command of medical terminology and familiar with Personal Health Information Protection (PHIPA) regulations.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service & family/patient centred care
- Very good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft CRM (Customer Relationship Management) is preferred.
- Experience working in a health care environment preferred
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting file #2072 in the subject line of your email.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.