Program: Children’s Services
Status: Full-time, Contract (12-months)
Salary: $35.1929- $44.6016 per hour
Date Posted: June 23, 2021
Closing Date: July 7, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
Children’s Services and the Augmentative Communication & Writing Aids Program at Surrey Place are seeking an Occupational Therapist. The Occupational Therapist works as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide occupational therapy services to children and youth to enhance self-care, leisure and productivity skills, independent skills and quality of life. This position reports to Children and Youth Services and Autism Services.
- Provide assessment, intervention and consultation for children and youth with Intellectual disabilities and autism spectrum disorder through a combination of telehealth and in-person service as required
- Provide educational services to the general public, students, staff and other professionals and agencies to support individuals with autism and/or developmental disabilities
- Provide clinical supervision and guidance to students
- Program and service development and evaluation for OT services.
- Graduate degree in Occupational Therapy
- Registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Assistive Devices Program – Individual Authorizer Status
- More than 1-year prior related experience
- Experience with the developmental disabilities and autism spectrum population
- Experience in specialty areas such as sensory processing, augmentative communication and writing aids, mental health domains, adaptive equipment, individual authorizing abilities and interdisciplinary team approach
- Knowledge and application of the Occupational Therapy framework, philosophy and theory, interpretation of standardized and non-standardized assessments, knowledge of development (typical/non-typical), of augmentative communication/writing assessments, intervention strategies application of technology, and of appropriate OT intervention strategies and techniques
- Demonstrated experience working with children and youth, and participating on an interdisciplinary team an asset
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
Due to the pandemic, this position is a combination of in-person and remote work for now. Candidates will be expected to deliver in-person services if needed. When Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work from a Surrey Place location.
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting file 21080 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.