Program: Adult Program
Status: Full-time, Contract (18-months)
Salary: $35.1929 – $44.6016
Date Posted: October 8, 2021
Closing Date: October 22, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
The Adult Program at Surrey Place is seeking an Occupational Therapist. Reporting to the Manager, Adult Program, the Occupational Therapist works as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide occupational therapy services to adults to enhance self-care, leisure and productivity skills, and increase independence and quality of life.
May include, but is not limited to the following:
- Provide assessment, treatment, consultation and/or service planning for individuals with developmental disabilities both on-site and in the community.
- Provide educational services to staff and other professionals and agencies/stakeholders to support individuals with autism and/or developmental disabilities.
- Provide clinical supervision and guidance to students.
- Program and service development and evaluation for Occupational Therapy services.
- Graduate degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
- One year of related experience working as an Occupational Therapist.
- Experience working with persons with developmental disabilities including autism spectrum disorders.
- Experience in specialty areas such as sensory processing, augmentative communication and writing aids, mental health, adaptive equipment, and an interdisciplinary team approach.
- Knowledge and application of the Occupational Therapy framework, philosophy and theory, administration and interpretation of standardized and non-standardized assessments, knowledge of development (typical/non-typical), of augmentative communication/writing assessments, intervention strategies application of technology, and of appropriate Occupational Therapy intervention strategies and techniques.
- Demonstrated experience working with adults, participating on an interdisciplinary team, and working collaboratively with community service providers is an asset.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- A satisfactory Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening), and proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
- Fluency in French is considered an asset.
Due to the pandemic, this position is a combination of in-person and remote work for now. Candidates will be expected to deliver in-person services if needed. When Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work from a Surrey Place location.
How to Apply:
- To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values.
- Save your resume and cover letter in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith).
- Send your resume and cover letter to People Services, email@example.com, quoting file 21149 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. Successful candidates who receive a conditional offer of hire will be eligible for accommodation in employment up to the point of undue hardship for bona fide human rights related restrictions and limitations. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.