Department: Infancy and Early Childhood Services
Location: Greater Toronto Area
Status: Full-time, Contract (15 months)
Salary: $35.1929 – $44.6016
Date Posted: January 6, 2022
Closing Date: January 20, 2022
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families, and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 11 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in north-western Ontario.
The Infancy and Early Childhood Program is seeking an Occupational Therapist. Reporting to the Senior Director, Children’s Services, the Occupational Therapist works as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide occupational therapy services to children to enhance self-care, leisure and productivity skills, independent skills and quality of life.
- Provide assessment, consultation and service planning for infants and young children with developmental disabilities
- Provide educational services to the general public, students, staff and other professionals and agencies to support individuals with autism and/or developmental disabilities
- Provide clinical supervision and guidance to students
- Program and service development and evaluation for OT services
- Other duties as required
- Graduate degree in Occupational Therapy
- Registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Experience with the developmental disabilities and autism spectrum population
- Experience in specialty areas such as sensory processing, augmentative communication and writing aids, mental health domains, adaptive equipment, individual authorizing abilities and interdisciplinary team approach
- Knowledge and application of the Occupational Therapy framework, philosophy and theory, interpretation of standardized and non-standardized assessments, knowledge of development (typical/non-typical), of augmentative communication/writing assessments, intervention strategies application of technology, and of appropriate OT intervention strategies and techniques
- Demonstrated experience working with infants and young children, and participating on an interdisciplinary team an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening), and proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
Due to the pandemic, this position is a combination of remote and in-person work for now. Candidates will be expected to deliver in-person services if needed. When Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work from a Surrey Place location.
How to Apply:
- To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values.
- Save your resume and cover letter in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith).
- Send your resume and cover letter to People Services, email@example.com, quoting file 22005 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. Successful candidates who receive a conditional offer of hire will be eligible for accommodation in employment up to the point of undue hardship for bona fide human rights related restrictions and limitations. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.