Program: People Services
Status: Full-time, Non-Union
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Date Posted: April 9, 2021
Closing Date: April 22, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
Reporting to the Director, People and Organizational Development, the People Services Coordinator performs a wide range of duties to ensure the efficient, accurate and timely coordination and achievement of people services activities and goals in a busy and fast-paced environment. The duties include supporting recruitment and selection, organizational development, total rewards, health, safety and wellness, employee engagement and employee information.
This role will provide support in the following areas:
Recruitment and Selection
- Create job postings, résumé and phone screening, book and conduct interviews, create offer letters, conduct reference and police records checks.
- Ensure competition and recruitment folders are up to date.
- Prepare orientation materials and assist with on-boarding new hires.
- Manage volunteer requests and the onboarding and orientation of new volunteers.
- Coordinate with the team by scheduling and organizing learning events/sessions.
- Partner with program leads to schedule, register and promote organization-wide classes/seminars/workshops.
- Partner with Clinical Education to assist with the onboarding of student placements.
Health, Safety and Wellness
- Assist with data input from workplace inspections.
- Submit appropriate forms to WSIB and other third-party providers.
- Prepare reports for JHSC meetings.
- Schedule and coordinate Employee Wellness events.
- Assist with entering and maintaining accurate and timely data within Human Resources systems.
- Support the Employee Recognition Committee.
- Assist with organizing and coordinating employee recognition/engagement events and administer the Birthday Card Program.
Other duties also includes:
- Provide customer service by answering daily queries from internal and external customers.
- Assist with supporting and preparing materials for the collective bargaining process.
- Maintain employee files by filing paperwork on a regular basis and sending files off-site for record keeping.
- Assist with other duties that align with the Surrey Place People strategy and goals.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or other equivalent study areas or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
- Member in good standing with the Human Resources Professional Association (HRPA) or similar professional association or relevant work experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced professional human resources department.
- Proven experience in providing high quality customer service adhering to Surrey Place’s mission, vision and values.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with ability to exercise a high attention to detail.
- Professional demeanor and maturity in daily interactions with internal and external clients, third party vendors and suppliers.
- Action driven and committed to continuous quality improvement.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information with confidentiality and professionalism.
- Strong working knowledge of HRIS systems, experience with Sparkrock 365 or other ERP systems is an asset.
- Previous experience in the Health Care and Social Services sector of the Service industry is considered an asset.
- A satisfactory Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Due to the pandemic, this position is home-based for now. Candidates will be required to work from a Surrey Place location when the Covid-19 restrictions are lifted.
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting file 21041 the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.