Program: People Services
Status: Full-time, Non-Union
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Date Posted: April 9, 2021
Closing Date: April 22, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
Reporting to the Director, People and Organizational Development, the People Services Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day administration of Surrey Place’s Group Benefits and Pension plans, managing leaves of absences, and maintaining our Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Responsible for entering, troubleshooting, and maintaining accurate and timely data within the HRIS.
- Administer Surrey Place’s benefit, pension and leave of absence programs including accurate enrollment, filings, forms, reporting and monthly reconciliation.
- Assist in monitoring, updating, and auditing employee performance management schedules.
- Calculate and process terminations, retirement, and death benefits.
- Collaborate with the People Services team, ICT, Finance, and external vendors to resolve issues as it relates to HR data, benefits, and pension.
- Update documentation and prepare staff communications as it relates to the HRIS and time and attendance system.
- Maintain the time and attendance system and develop expertise by providing training to staff.
- Provide customer service by answering daily queries from management and non-management staff.
- Work closely with the Total Rewards Specialist in implementing the Total Rewards Strategy.
- Position will also cross-train with other positions in the People Services team to ensure staff are able to provide coverage during busy times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or other equivalent study areas or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
- Member in good standing with the Human Resources Professional Association (HRPA) or similar professional association or relevant work experience.
- 3 years’ experience in a Human Resources environment with experience administering benefits and pension plans.
- Previous experience in a unionized workplace preferred.
- Knowledge of employment related provincial legislation
- Ability to deal effectively with competing and shifting priorities.
- Action driven and committed to continuous quality improvement.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information with confidentiality and professionalism.
- Proven commitment to organizational mission, vision and values and service excellence approach.
- Strong working knowledge of HRIS systems, experience with Sparkrock 365 or other ERP systems is an asset.
- Effective and tactful verbal and written communication skills and analytical skills with ability to exercise a high attention to detail.
- Previous experience in the Healthcare and Social Services sector or the Service industry is considered an asset.
- A satisfactory Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening).
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Due to the pandemic, this position is home-based for now. Candidates will be required to work from a Surrey Place location when the Covid-19 restrictions are lifted.
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting file 21042 the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.