Program: Finance and Corporate Services
Status: Full-time, Union
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Salary: $52,417 – $66,430
Date Posted: April 20, 2021
Closing Date: May 3, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
Surrey Place is seeking a Project Coordinator to be a member of the project management team. Reporting to the Manager, Decision Support and Administrative Services, the Project Coordinator is responsible for planning, tracking, monitoring, documenting and reporting of all Surrey Place organizational projects.
- Work with the project managers to initiate projects, develop project charters, work breakdown structures, project schedules, define project roles and responsibilities, monitor work performed and close projects.
- Coordinate project meetings, handle communication with project team members, document risks, decisions and issues, and present status reports.
- Assist Project Managers and project team members with various aspects of the project, such as planning, tracking action items, monitoring, documenting and reporting (utilizing project software and tools).
- Follow project management standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Ensure that each project team member is clear on the tasks assigned to them, follows up with project team members to ensure tasks are being completed on time.
- Maintain timely communications with all project team members, stakeholders, management and committees.
- Organize project meetings to include appropriate team members or stakeholders; prepares agendas and minutes for designated meetings, including weekly status meetings.
- Record and monitor project issues, decisions, change requests in corresponding logs.
- Coordinates project major activities, such as testing, user acceptance testing, user training, and go-live preparations.
- Assist with scheduling of activities required for the project.
- Assist with maintaining up to date project schedules, milestone dates, risk logs, issues logs, change logs.
- Create and consolidate templates for all program and project reports; weekly, monthly & quarterly status reports, financial and resource forecast reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Project Management, or equivalent work experience.
- Project management designation (i.e. CAPM) is considered an asset.
- 2 years of direct experience in managing projects for government, healthcare, non-profit or for-profit environments.
- Previous experience in project coordination activities with complex and large-scale projects an asset.
- Familiarity with project management methodologies (i.e. PMBOK).
- Well-developed skills and experience with using Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Visio, Project and PowerPoint.
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving skills; advanced organizational, administrative and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Fluency in French is considered an asset.
- A satisfactory Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening).
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter in one file saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting file 21047 the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.