Program: Adult Program
Status: Full-time Permanent and Full-time 12 Month Contract
Salary: $79,816 – $101,154
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Date Posted: January 7, 2019
The Adult Program at Surrey Place is recruiting for two Psychologist positions, a full-time, permanent position and a 12-month contract position. The Psychologist works as part of an interdisciplinary team and provides psychological services to adults with developmental disabilities. Services provided include but are not limited to assessment, psychotherapy, consultation, research, education, clinical supervision, and advocacy.
- Provide psychological assessment (both cognitive and personality), consultation, counselling, and supervision independently and as part of the Interdisciplinary Team
- PhD or Psy.D in Psychology
- Registered with the College of Psychologists of Ontario
- 3 years clinical experience is preferred
- Knowledge in clinical interviewing, diagnosis and formulation, consultation, knowledge of typical and atypical lifespan development, specialized knowledge of interventions, familiarity with a broad range of psychometric tools and principles, and statistical knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication; strong interpersonal, problem solving; and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience working with adults, and participating on an interdisciplinary team an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting file 1901 in the subject line of your email.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.