Department: Adult Program
Location: Toronto South
Status: Full-time, Union
Salary: $82,234 – $104,219 per year
Date Posted: October 27, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
The Adult Program at Surrey Place is seeking a Psychologist. Reporting to the Manager, Adult Services, the Psychologist works as part of an interdisciplinary team and provides psychological services to adults with developmental disabilities. Services provided include but are not limited to assessment, psychotherapy, consultation, research, education, clinical supervision, and advocacy.
- Provide psychological assessment, (both cognitive and personality), written reports, and recommendations for adults with developmental disabilities
- Provide counselling and psychotherapy interventions to individuals, families, and groups
- Work independently and collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to provide both assessment and treatment services
- Provide consultation regarding psychological services to individuals, families, partner agencies, and the interdisciplinary team
- Provide psychological supervision
- PhD or Psy.D in Psychology
- Member in good standing with the College of Psychologists of Ontario
- 3 years clinical experience is preferred
- Knowledge in clinical interviewing, diagnosis and formulation, consultation; knowledge of typical and atypical lifespan development; knowledge of specialized interventions for adults with developmental disabilities; familiarity with a broad range of psychometric tools and principles; and statistical knowledge
- Demonstrated experience working with adults, and experience participating on an interdisciplinary team
- Experience with neuropsychological assessment tools is an asset
- Experience working with adolescents as well as adults is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication; strong interpersonal, problem solving; and time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365
- A satisfactory Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening), and proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
How to Apply:
- To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values.
- Save your resume and cover letter in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith).
- Send your resume and cover letter to People Services, email@example.com, quoting file 21157 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. Successful candidates who receive a conditional offer of hire will be eligible for accommodation in employment up to the point of undue hardship for bona fide human rights related restrictions and limitations. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.