Program: Finance and Corporate Services (Facilities)
Location: Fallingdale Public School (Brampton)
Status: Relief, contract (until March 31, 2021)
Hours: Relief (no guarantee of hours)
Salary: $21.3853 – $22.2407/hr
Date Posted: September 25, 2020
Closing Date: October 2, 2020
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
The Finance and Corporate Services Department at Surrey Place is seeking a relief cleaner to provide routine, periodic and project cleaning functions. Reporting to the Manager, Decision Support & Administration, the successful candidate will be required to perform a variety of cleaning duties while maintaining acceptable cleaning standards. You will support a workplace that encourages teamwork and effective communication as well as complies with all applicable regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Clean and disinfect clinical rooms and common areas
- Sweep and mop
- Wax and spray buff floors
- Periodic cleaning of lights and baseboards
- Handle waste
- This position may include day, evening and weekend shifts
- 3 months professional cleaning experience
- High School Diploma
- Familiar with disinfection practices to ensure proper sanitization
- Demonstrated knowledge of major cleaning equipment, chemicals, materials and methods
- Familiar with correct use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain good working relationships with all staff
- Physical requirements will include prolonged periods of walking, standing, repeated bending and heavy lifting in keeping with the physical demands of cleaning
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting file #2081 in the subject line of your email.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.