Program: Adult Program
Status: Full-time, Contract (12-month contract)
Salary: $35.1929 – $44.6016
Date Posted: October 8, 2021
Closing Date: October 22, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
Reporting to the Manager, Adult Services, The Senior Behaviour Therapist provides Applied Behaviour Analytic (ABA) assessment, treatment, consultation, workshops, education and resource support to clients and their families. Additionally, support is provided to professionals and various organizations, including schools, long-term care facilities, hospitals, and residential programs in both the developmental and the mental health sector with the goal of reducing problem behaviours and enhancing skills.
- Enhance the knowledge and skillsets of support staff to assist clients with intellectual disabilities.
- Delivery of formal and informal professional development and workshops.
- Work as a part of a multidisciplinary team to support clients with skill development and reducing challenging behaviours.
- Creating behaviour treatment plans and protocols that are aligned with client and family goals.
- Work with various professionals and support staff to develop resources using principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis and effective strategies for socially significant behaviour change.
- Master’s degree in Psychology or a related field.
- Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) certification.
- Five years of related experience working in Applied Behaviour Analysis.
- In-depth theoretical, practical knowledge of ABA principles.
- Specialized knowledge required for conducting functional assessments.
- Demonstrated, broad-based knowledge and experience working with children, youth and young adults with intellectual disabilities, including mental health and/or autism, and a consultative model of service delivery.
- Knowledge of community-based services and systems.
- Experience with assessing mediator abilities/challenges and modifying strategies to meet their needs.
- Experience working on an interdisciplinary team and working with children, youth and young adults who have dual diagnosis, mental health or complex needs is an asset.
- Experience with providing support to schools, families, and residential settings using a mediator model of service delivery.
- A satisfactory Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening), and proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365.
- Fluency in French is considered an asset.
Due to the pandemic, this position is a combination of remote and in-person work for now. Candidates will be expected to deliver in-person services if needed. When Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work from a Surrey Place location.
How to Apply:
- To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values.
- Save your resume and cover letter in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith).
- Send your resume and cover letter to People Services, email@example.com, quoting file 21150 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. Successful candidates who receive a conditional offer of hire will be eligible for accommodation in employment up to the point of undue hardship for bona fide human rights related restrictions and limitations. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.