Department: Children and Youth Services
Status: Full-time, Contract (8-month contract)
Salary: $35.1929 – $44.6016
Date Posted: November 11, 2021
Closing Date: November 25, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
The Children and Youth Program at Surrey Place is seeking Senior Behaviour Therapists. Reporting to the Senior Director, Children’s Services, the Sr. Behaviour Therapist provides Applied Behaviour Analytic (ABA) assessment, treatment, consultation, workshops, education and resource support to clients, families, professionals, and organizations, including schools, long-term care facilities, hospitals, and residential programs in both the developmental and the mental health sector with the goal of reducing problem behaviours and enhancing skills.
- Conduct behavioural assessments such as but not limited to Functional Analysis.
- Creating behaviour treatment plans and protocols that are aligned with client and family goals.
- Provide consultation to clients, families, professionals, schools, long-term care facilities, hospitals and residential programs.
- Delivery of formal and informal Wellness and professional development workshops.
- Work with various professionals and support staff to develop resources using principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis and effective strategies for socially significant behaviour change.
- Graduate degree in Psychology, with specific expertise in Behavioural Analysis
- BCBA Certification or pursuing BCBA Certification
- One-year experience working as a Senior Behaviour Therapist
- In-depth theoretical, practical knowledge of ABA principles
- Specialized knowledge required for conducting functional assessments
- Demonstrated, broad-based knowledge and experience working with children and youth with developmental disabilities, including mental health and/or autism, and a consultative model of service delivery
- Knowledge of community-based services and systems
- Experience with assessing mediator abilities/challenges and modifying strategies to meet their needs
- Experience working on an interdisciplinary team and in dealing children and youth who have urgent dual diagnosis, mental health or complex needs would also be an asset
- Experience with providing support to schools, families, and residential settings using a mediator model of service delivery would be an asset
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
Due to the pandemic, this position is mainly home-based for now. Candidates will be expected to deliver in-person services if needed. When Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work from a Surrey Place location.
How to Apply:
- To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values.
- Save your resume and cover letter in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith).
- Send your resume and cover letter to People Services, email@example.com, quoting file 21168 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.