Program: Children and Youth Program
Status: Full-time, Contract (Until March 31, 2020)
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Date Posted: July 3, 2019
Closing Date: July 9, 2019
The Children and Youth Program at Surrey Place is seeking a Senior Behaviour Therapist. The Sr. Behaviour Therapist provides Applied Behaviour Analytic (ABA) assessment, treatment, consultation, workshops, education and resource support to clients, families, professionals, and organizations, including schools, long-term care facilities, hospitals, and residential programs in both the developmental and the mental health sector with the goal of reducing problem behaviours and enhancing skills.
- Education and resource support
- Graduate degree in Psychology, with specific expertise in Behavioural Analysis
- One-year experience working as a Senior Behaviour Therapist
- In-depth theoretical, practical knowledge of ABA principles
- Specialized knowledge required for conducting functional assessments
- Demonstrated, broad-based knowledge and experience working with children and youth with developmental disabilities, including mental health and/or autism, and a consultative model of service delivery
- Knowledge of community-based services and systems
- Experience with assessing mediator abilities/challenges and modifying strategies to meet their needs
- Experience working on an interdisciplinary team and in dealing children and youth who have urgent dual diagnosis, mental health or complex needs would also be an asset
- Experience with providing support to schools, families, and residential settings using a mediator model of service delivery would be an asset
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting file 1938 in the subject line of your email.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.