Program: Marketing and Communications
Status: Full-time, Union
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Date Posted: April 9, 2021
Closing Date: April 22, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
The Marketing and Communications department at Surrey Place is seeking a Senior Communications Specialist. This position works in an integrated Marketing & Communications department and supports the organization’s external and internal communications. Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, this role will advance the social media and email marketing strategy, as well as the internal communications program, which includes quarterly town halls, monthly internal newsletters, and announcements.
Communications Strategy and Planning
- Consult with various stakeholders to determine their communications needs and translates their desired outcomes into plans and strategies.
- Use a strategic communications lens to identify new opportunities to elevate Surrey Place’s profile and priorities.
- Manage communications requests from internal stakeholders and makes strategic recommendations to achieve the intended results
- Provide leadership and strategic direction of the organization’s social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn) and email marketing.
- Establish goals for social media and email marketing and use a variety of analytic tools to measure content and audience growth.
- Act as the primary media contact, directs questions and coordinate interviews for spokespeople.
- Create media materials, including talking points, media releases, and backgrounders.
- Identify issues, as they arise, and take the lead on issues management to ensure that Surrey Place can respond in a timely manner.
- Plan, write and edit content for a variety of internal communications including, but not limited to, monthly newsletters, town hall, announcements, special events, videos and resources.
- Oversee the development and implementation of strategies to support internal communications and employee engagement.
- Oversee the organization’s Microsoft Team Site, including content management.
- Oversee and organize quarterly town hall meetings.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in public relations, communications or journalism or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ related strategic and operational experience in communications and public relations.
- Demonstrated accomplishments related to development and management of strategic communications planning and implementation, with performance metrics.
- Demonstrated success in profile building, reputation and brand management, issues management, and the creation of innovative, successful communication and brand strategies.
- Direct experience in producing a variety of communication vehicles aimed at various internal and external audiences.
- Experience in media relations, social media, internal communication, research and analytic tools.
- Proven strong writing skills and demonstrated highly developed oral communications, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
- Proven tact, diplomacy and discretion related to confidential or sensitive information.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment while paying close attention to detail.
- A satisfactory Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
Due to the pandemic, this position is home-based for now. When Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work from a Surrey Place location.
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting file 21037 the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.