Program: Adult Program
Status: Full-time, Contract
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Salary: $31.1444 – $39.4707 per hour
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Closing Date: April 6, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment, to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in northwestern Ontario.
The Adult Program at Surrey Place is seeking a Service Coordinator. Reporting to the Manager, Community Networks of Specialised Care (CNSC), the successful candidate will provide intake and service coordination to adults with developmental disabilities while coordinating services both at Surrey Place and in the community.
- Assesses and collaborates with individuals and families and determines what services they require.
- Make referrals to other community agencies and services as required.
- Incorporates information from families and provides information to the interdisciplinary team, and/or other sources both internal and external as required in the preparation of service plans.
- Provides information to clients, caregivers, service providers and staff on the availability and appropriateness of community services and funding support.
- Participates in service coordination group meetings and chairing case conferences as required.
- Supports and delivers Surrey Place wellness services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social or health sciences
- 3 years’ related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of adults with developmental disabilities or those who have a chronic/permanent condition affecting functioning in the community
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience on an interdisciplinary team and with multicultural environments is an asset
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
Due to the pandemic, this position is a combination of remote and in-person work for now. Candidates will be expected to deliver in-person services if needed. When Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work from a Surrey Place location.
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting file 21035 the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.