Program: Infancy and Early Childhood
Status: Full-time, Union
Salary: $56,980 – $72,214
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Date Posted: June 18, 2019
Closing Date: July 2, 2019
The Infancy and Early Childhood Department at Surrey Place Centre is seeking a Service Coordinator – Intake. For this position, you will provide intake and service coordination to families with children and youth with developmental disabilities between the ages of 6 to 18 years. You will provide comprehensive intake and screening of clients while coordinating services both in Surrey Place Centre and in the community. Surrey Place Centre is client-centered, interdisciplinary and team oriented in service delivery.
- Intake services including, interviewing clients, caregivers, service providers and staff
- Making referrals to other community agencies and services as required
- Preparing and maintaining intake documentation and entering data into the Centre’s MIS
- Incorporating information from and providing information to the interdisciplinary team, and/or other sources both internal and external as required in the preparation of service plans
- Providing information to clients, caregivers, service providers and staff on the availability and appropriateness of community services and funding support
- Participating in service coordination group meetings and chairing case conferences as required
- Honours Degree in social or health sciences or equivalent
- 3 years of related experience
- Experience working with children and youth with developmental disabilities and their families
- Knowledge of developmental services and educational, community and health care service systems for children with developmental disabilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience on an interdisciplinary team and with multicultural environments is an asset
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, email@example.com, quoting file 1934 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.