Department: Wellness Services & Services for Partners and Organizations
Location: Toronto South
Status: Full-time, Union
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Salary: $58,707 – $74,402
Date Posted: November 17, 2021
Closing Date: December 1, 2021
About Surrey Place:
At Surrey Place we help children and adults living with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and visual impairments reach their full potential. We offer a variety of groups and workshops for clients, families, and caregivers, as well as extensive education and consultation services to community agencies.
Our comprehensive programs and services range from assessment, diagnosis, and one-on-one treatment to family counselling and group support and is provided by a broad network of clinicians and professionals. Surrey Place is accredited with Accreditation Canada and is affiliated with the University of Toronto and other academic institutions and is a teaching site for students in a variety of health care professions.
Surrey Place employs nearly 500 employees, with 12 locations in the GTA and we also provide video-conferencing services to communities in north-western Ontario.
Reporting to the Manager of Wellness Services, the Service Coordinator – Intake will provide efficient and appropriate intake and service coordination to meet client needs. Clients are participants in Wellness events, as well as community partners and organizations who purchase services from Surrey Place.
- Intake services including pre-screening clients, caregivers, service providers, partners, organizations, and staff for appropriate for events and services
- Coordinate services to meet client needs, and make referrals as required
- Prepare and maintain intake and service coordination documentation and enter data into the Surrey Place’s Management Information System
- Process quotes for the Services for Partners and Organizations team
- Ensure payment has been processed for transition team contracts
- Prepare service plans, obtain feedback for various services, and assist with staffing coordination
- May be required to participate on the Designated Crisis Response Team
- Participate in the development and facilitation of Wellness Events
- Identify gaps in service and develop content to address these gaps
- Implement and support requirements for grants
- Undergraduate Degree in social or health sciences or equivalent experience
- 3 years of related experience working with children and youth with developmental disabilities, and their families
- Knowledge of developmental services and the various service systems for children with developmental disabilities is required (i.e., Educational, community and health care systems)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of wellness services, children’s services, and the eligibility criteria for adult services is an asset
- Knowledge of coordinated service planning, ASD (autism spectrum disorder), FASD (Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Disorder), and coordinated service planning an asset
- Experience on an interdisciplinary team in multicultural environments is an asset
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Vulnerable Sector Screening, and proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
How To Apply:
- To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values.
- Save your resume and cover letter in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith).
- Send your resume and cover letter to People Services, email@example.com, quoting file 21176 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. Successful candidates who receive a conditional offer of hire will be eligible for accommodation in employment up to the point of undue hardship for bona fide human rights related restrictions and limitations. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.